07 January 2011

I’m proud of Nilesh: Sanjay Dutt


Speculation is rife that Sanjay Dutt is upset with his nephew Nilesh Sahay for opting to flag off his careerwith choreographer-turned-directorGaneshAcharya’s Angel instead of waiting for a bigger launch. And so, Dutt is not promoting him or the film in the media. The star refutes the rumour saying, “I really liked the promos of the film and am proud of Nilesh. He will go a long way. I wish him luck with this film and the others that will follow.”
                           
                    Nilesh admits that he got a complimentary text message from his star ‘mama’ (mother’s brother) after he watched the promos of his film with sisters Namrata and Priya Dutt, and brother-in-law Kumar Gaurav. And he couldn’t be happier. “I was more nervous about mama’s reaction than the movie itself,” laughs the debutant, who is following four generations of actors into show business. His great grandmother, Jaddanbai, was India’s first female music director; her daughter, Nargis, is a movie legend; her niece and Nilesh’s mother, Zahida, made movies like Prem Pujari and Gambler. “Then, there is Sanju mama and now there’s me. My uncle was a major influence because I grew up on his movies and loved all his different looks… long hair, short crop, muscles and Munnabhai,” says the actor.
                            
                     Did he discuss Acharya’s offer with his uncle before taking it up? “I discuss things with ‘mama’, but I take my own decisions. I was wooed by Ganesh’s passion and conviction. I’m convinced I’ve made the right choice.”

Edit Post 8 Jan. 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment